What happens if the other driver does not have enough or doesn’t have insurance?

Real Estate Transaction Law NJ

In a situation where the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured, things become complex.  If the at-fault party does not have insurance, you will have to cover the losses through your own insurance company. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, this should take care of it. Under the uninsured/ underinsured motorist coverage provided by your insurance, you will be able to file a claim with your insurance company or file a lawsuit against the negligent party.

Ultimately, what happens when the driver who caused your crash is uninsured depends on so many factors. Do you have auto insurance? Do you have medical insurance? Were you a passenger or a driver? Is there any drivers in your household with an auto insurance policy? What elections did you make setting up your auto insurance policy, if you have one?

Because there are so many factors, it’s hard to say how things will play out unless we know more about the crash. The best thing you can do in this situation is to hire experienced legal representation. The experienced car accident lawyers at Uniglicht, Bloom, Frackt & Kleinman are here to help you understand what to expect. You need a trusted personal injury lawyer to be on your side and explore every avenue to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover.

If you were involved in an accident and have any questions or concerns, give our experienced attorneys a call at 732-490-1777.

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this article were created to provide general information, it is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and shall not be construed as legal advice. You should not act upon any information provided in this article without seeking professional legal counsel from an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. No representations are being made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in this article or on this site or sites linked hereto. If this pamphlet is inaccurate or misleading, report same to the Committee on Attorney Advertising, Hughes Justice Complex, CN 037, Trenton, NJ 08625. “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.”
Scroll to Top