A product liability case is a lawsuit filed by a consumer or group of consumers who have acquired injuries or damages from the use of a defective or unsafe product. These cases aim to hold the manufacturer, distributor, or seller of the product legally responsible for the harm caused to the user(s) of the product.
The injured party must typically prove the following elements to establish a successful product liability claim:
- Defective Product: The product must prove to be defective in design, manufacture, or marketing.
- Injuries: The plaintiff must demonstrate that they suffered injuries or damage due to the defective product.
- Causation: There must be a direct link between the defect and the injuries sustained.
Who Can Be Held Liable
There are multiple parties involved in the supply chain of the harmful product that can be held responsible such as the manufacturers, distributors, or retailers.
Compensation in Product Liability Cases
Victims of defective products may seek compensation for:
- Medical Expenses: Medical bills related to the injuries.
- Lost Wages: Time missed from work due to the injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical and emotional distress caused by the incident.
Protect Your Rights
Product liability cases are complex, and having a Personal Injury Attorney is essential for achieving a favorable outcome. If you believe you have a product liability claim, Contact UBFK Law today for a free consultation. We are here to help you seek justice and compensation for your injuries.